The most important thing to decide with your realtor is how much you should be asking for your home. Assessing property values is best done with a free home evaluation.
When you’ve settled on a price that seems both realistic and satisfactory to you, you can expect that your realtor will market and advertise your home in a professional manner, and will bring buyers to the property. You will also be able to rest assured that your property will be sold as soon as possible and for the best price possible.
Why It’s Important to Price Your Home Right – Assessing Property Value
- The property will sell quicker if it’s seen by more buyers.
- The home will maintain its marketability.
- The closer your asking price is to market value, the higher the offers you will receive.
- A properly priced home may receive a number of competing offers.
- Other realtors will be far more likely to show your home to their clients.
City of Toronto Assessment Rolls
Assessment rolls list all properties in the City of Toronto. Residential properties show owner(s) and tenant(s) names, mailing addresses and the assessed value of each property and the school support for taxation purposes.
Assessment rolls list information on every property in the city:
- Current owner and, sometimes, tenants
- Current assessed value of the property, as determined by the Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC)
- School board support
- Structural information
In Ontario, property is assessed on the basis of its current value determined on a date specified in the Assessment Act. For 2013 – 2016 taxation years the date of valuation is January 1, 2012.
The assessment roll does not include information about taxes. To learn about City taxes, see the property tax site.
To Find Out What Your Property is Worth
For a proper analysis of what your home is worth under current market conditions, contact us for a Free Home Evaluation.